Burnley Crematorium was officially opened on 28th August 1958. The chapel, built in the traditional style typical of the period, is set in a quiet enclave on the edge of Rosegrove. It provides seating for 180 mourners, plus a standing area at the rear of the chapel.
A 40-minute period is allocated to each funeral service. The whole funeral service may take place at the crematorium,
The crematorium provides services to Burnley, Nelson Colne, Pendle, Padiham, Rossendale and parts of the Ribble Valley.